Faculty of ICT and Distance Learning
Faculty of ICT was Established Sep-2010. it is Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology program of the University of Burao is an eight-semester program designed to produce world-class ICT professionals that is not only nationally competitive but also globally competitive and who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
To Explore Information Communication Technology for the Development of Somaliland
To produce ICT Specialists who are Creative, Competent, Innovative and Responsible through Academic Program and Qualified Lecturers
The program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Information
and Communication Technology has the following objectives:
- To enable students to obtain a comprehensive knowledge and deep understanding of latest technology in information and communications.
- To prepare students to be well versed on application, installation, operation, development, maintenance and administration of computer systems and databases and familiar with hardware installation, operation and maintenance of Networks.
- To enable students to acquire the theoretical and practical skills needed to be globally competitive computer scientists.
- To enable students to get a broad education in the arts and humanities, management, natural science and mathematics
- To enable students to develop ethical responsibility, and social consciousness needed to perform in business, industry and society.
- Fully Equipped ICT Lab (50 Computers)
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- High Speed internet
- 25 Lecturers