Routers and Switches
Bachelor of Science in information and communication technology (BSICT)
Faculty of ICT was Established Sep-2010. It is Bachelor of Science in Information and Communication Technology program of the University of Burao is an eight-semester program designed to produce world-class ICT professionals that is not only nationally competitive but also globally competitive and who will be professionally competent, morally upright, and socially responsible contributors to national development.
Information About the faculty
Welcome to the faculty of Information and Communication Technology at the University of Burao
The faculty was established in 2010, preparing and producing computing professionals having high quality in both public and private sectors.
The Bachelor of science in information and communication technology program of the University of Burao is an Eight Semester Program Designed to produce Word-class ICT professionals , that is not only nationally competitive but also globally competitive. And who will professionally competent morally upright and socially responsible contributors to national development.
The Information and communication technology (ICT) program will prepare students for positions as information communication technology professionals providing operational and infrastructure support for computer and information systems in business, public, and institutional organizations.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) program aims to prepare a highly competent world-class in the field of information and communication technology to serve as Programmer, Networker, Web Developer, Security Officers, Database Designers and Database Administrators, ICT technicians, multimedia Designers.
To be successful students should focus on practical labs.
- Application Developer
- Database Administrator /Developer
- Technical support specialist
- Network Administrators
- Multimedia Specialists
- Web Administrator and developer
- Technology systems analysis and researchers
Vision: To explore information and communication technology for the development of Somaliland ::
Mission: To produce ICT specialists who are creative, competent, Innovative, and responsible through academic program and qualified lecturers.
- Information and communication technology Degree Program Objective
The ultimate goal of this program is to produce graduates who can cope up with the dynamic nature of the Information and communication Technology industry and a wide range of careers by being able to focus on software development and capitalize on high growth markets.
- To provide competent software development personnel who can design, develop and implement innovative applications by using leading –edge technologies.
- To provide in-depth and breadth training for quality information communication technology solutions.
The specific objectives of the Information and communication technology program are:
- To provide manpower trained in new technologies, techniques and methodologies for development of high-quality software products.
- Enabling students to develop prototypes and assist the commercialization of product ideas.
- Providing a flexible approach for continuous education.
- Developing the physical, mental potential and the problem-solving capacity of students
- Developing important lifetime talents such as communication skills and team-oriented work culture.
Duration of the study
The duration of the study for BSC in Information and communication Technology is four years. For students in regular degree program, the duration of the study is four years.
– Fully Equipped ICT Lab (50 Computers)
– Cisco Routers and Switches
– High Speed internet
– 30 Lecturers
Faculty Management Team
University Of Burao