The Department of Environmental Science
The Department of Environmental science was established in 2020 with the purpose to produce professional graduates with a strong foundation of Environmental Sciences & application to be suitable for vital positions in the Academia, industry and government and non-governmental institutions as skilled manpower. The Environmental Science Programmer is designed around three key themes- understanding environmental processes and systems; investigating changes and impacts; and enabling their prediction and mitigation. Students gain expertise in desertification, Biodiversity, climate change, pollution, waste management, Natural resource conservation, Environmental policy and economics, environmental conservation, etc.
- To create and disseminate knowledge to the students about environmental problems at local, regional and global scale
- To provide practical training on modern instrumentation and analytical techniques for environmental analyses
- To sensitize students to towards environmental concerns, issues and impacts of climate change and related mitigation strategies
- To make the students to apply their knowledge for efficient environment decision making, management and sustainable development
- To prepare students for successful career in environmental departments, research institutes, industries, consultancy and NGOs.
The B.Sc of Agriculture degree is a 4 year program designed to provide a fundamental education in the science of agriculture.
Graduates Employment Opportunities
Graduates from the Faculty are employed in international and local research and development organizations, private sector (consultancy firms and agribusiness), higher education institutes, public sector and community based organizations. Graduates can also operate their own businesses.
Eligibility for admission to the Faculty of Agriculture & Environmental Science requires the applicant to meet one of the following three criteria
- High school graduation
- NGOs staff- having secondary certificate or equivalent
- Government institutions staff- having secondary certificate or equivalent
Short Courses Available
The faculty will also provide court courses
- Food safety
- Food bank
- Soil erosion control
- Poultry technology
- Seed systems/range management/fodder production
We want to welcome students who:
- Can learn from and think deeply about nature,
- Are eager to squarely address food, resources and environmental problems facing human society and the elucidation of life phenomena, and
- Can acquire the basic academic skills in agriculture and Environmental science