A new building for the Faculty of Medicine and Nursing is completed
- Visits: 7483
27th 2014 a new building for the Faculty of Medicine and Nursing was
officially opened at the University of Burao by the Mayor of Burao District and
the Vice-Chancellor of University of Burao. The modern building consists of
five large lecture rooms, one office and a large medical library and computer
Vice Chancellor, Suleiman Dirir Abdi,”Today is a great day, a day of celebration, a day which brings attention to our effort and hard work resulting in a new building for the Faculty of Medicine and Nursing. 70% of the investment for the new building was provided by the University of Burao, with the remaining 30% was contributed by the central government of Somaliland, in particular the Ministry of Education and Higher Education. I want to tell the diaspora of Togdheer, those who have worked hard for the University Burao, please do not stop, but increase your efforts. I assure you we are ready to partner with you.”
The Mayor of Burao, Mohamed Muraad Abdirahman, a former students who graduated from the Faculty of Sharia and Law at the University Burao, Faculty of Sharia and Law, gave a brief speech as he opened the new building: "University of Burao is being developed, the evidence is in all the large construction it has made with it’s own investment. We as a district council did not contribute to this building. The students of the University of Burao themselves have helped to contribute to this development - due to the increased numbers in the enrolment -.”
Ahmed Muse Ismail, Public Relations Officer at University of Burao, spoke of the quality and knowledge that the University of Burao provides to its students. He said, "Recently four vacancies became available at Telesom Company. 145 candidates applied - students who had graduated abroad and students who graduated from various regions in Somaliland. All four positions were successfully filled by students who had graduated from University of Burao. This is a testimony to the quality of education and effective knowledge provided by the University of Burao.
Finally, faculty of Medicine and Nursing had displayed an effective drama about immigration and Knowledge .